Nomination Period Opens August 3, 2021 at 9:00 am and Closes on August 13, 2021 at 4:00 pm
How to Become a Candidate
Interested in running for local government office? Nomination period opens on August 3, 2021 at 9:00 am. In order to be eligible to run for municipal Council in British Columbia, there are specific qualifications that must be met (outlined below). Prospective candidates must also complete and submit a Nomination Package to the Chief Election Officer or designate before the close of Nomination Period on August 13, 2021 at 4:00 pm.
Beginning on August 3, 2021, Nomination Packages will be available for pick up at Town Hall, 238-10th Avenue North, Creston, B.C., or may be requested by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates need to ensure their forms are correctly filled out and that the chosen nominators (2) are Resident Electors.
Completed Nomination Packages must be returned by 4:00 pm on August 13, 2021:
By hand, mail or other delivery service at:
Town of Creston
PO Box 1339
238 – 10th Avenue North
Creston, BC, V0B 1G0
Deliver to Town Hall during regular office hours, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday, excluding weekends.
By fax or email to:
Faxed or emailed nominations must be received during the nomination period and original, signed paperwork must also be received by the Chief Election Officer by 4:00 p.m. on August 20, 2021.
Qualifications to Run for Local Government Office
A person must:
- Be 18 years of age or older on general voting day
- Be a Canadian Citizen
- Have been a resident of British Columbia for at lease six months prior to filing nomination documents
- Be nominated by two resident electors of the Town of Creston
- Not be disqualified under the Local Government Act or any other enactment from being nominated for, being elected to, or holding office, or be otherwise disqualified by law.
For more candidate resources, please visit: https://letstalk.creston.ca/candidate-information
For more information contact:
- Kirsten Dunbar, Chief Election Officer, 250 428-2214 (210)
- Marsha Neufeld, Deputy Election Officer, 250 428-2214 (120)
- Donna Cassel, Deputy Election Officer, 250 428-2214 (410)
or email: email@example.com
Consultation has concluded